Layout & Composition
Course Number: 10111125
10-111-125 LAYOUT & COMPOSITION ...develop skills in digital composition and layout using industry software. Course content covers appropriate software selection, graphic and text content management, color specifications, file preparation, and software solutions to graphic communication problems. (Prerequisite: 10-111-161, Illustrator Fundamentals)
Course Typically Offered
- Utilize proper design software for graphic layout including graphic and text assets.
- Develop multiple page layout in InDesign
- Produce layouts using all application standards for vector and raster use
- Apply industry-accepted file preparation standards for output
- Demonstrate ability to create InDesign documents using parent pages with proper construction of graphic and text frames
- Create hierarchy in the composition of image and text-based layouts
- Use vector path construction in a layout to define die line and custom design finishes
- Develop efficient use of type, tables, and styles in layout creation
- Create form templates and interactive layouts for use in digital and print use.