Laboratory Intern Experience
Course Number: 10-506-137
10-506-137 LABORATORY INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE ...provides learners the opportunity to practice skills in a true laboratory setting. Emphases include successful execution of operating procedures and protocols, accurate and complete data collection and documentation, and relation of routine tasks to larger context of major project objectives and/or elements of research goals. (Prerequisites: 10-806-135, College Chemistry 1 AND 10-806-154, General Physics 1 AND 10-806-114, General Biology with a "C" or better)
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Execute an experiment(s)/standard operating procedure(s). (SOP)
- Apply the steps of the scientific method to solve problems.
- Execute common laboratory procedures and measurements with precision, repeatability, and validity.
- Assess the research organization for employment feasibility.
- Model safe, hygienic laboratory practices.