Course Number: 10154150
10-154-150 IT:SUPPORT:HARDWARE-INTRO ...computer network terminology, component identification, computer/peripheral configuration and maintenance, basic operating systems concepts and installations, basic networking concepts and configurations and troubleshooting.
Course Typically Offered
- Identify Computer Components
- Explain the Boot process and trace its progress through the PC.
- Explain the function of system boards and the components they house
- Install and configure memory
- Apply disk drive management techniques
- Install and Configure an Operating System
- Install and Configure Peripheral Devices
- Install and Configure Multimedia Devices
- Apply power management principles
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic networking concepts
- Install and Configure a Laser Printer
- Perform Basic Maintenance on a PC and Other Peripheral Devices