Intro to Interview & Counsel.
Course Number: 10550206
10-550-206 INTRO TO INTERVIEW & COUNSEL ... Analyze foundational skills in the counseling relationship. Analyze the stages of the helping processes and the roles professionals play in the processes. Analyze the importance of establishing therapeutic relationships. Apply basic counseling techniques. Apply interviewing and counseling skills through mock counseling sessions and personal experience reflections. Examine issues of boundaries and ethics. (Prerequisite: High school GPA greater/equal to 2.6; OR ACT Reading score greater/equal to 16 AND English greater/equal to 18; OR Next Gen Reading score greater/equal to 250 AND Writing score greater/equal to 250; OR "preparatory course(s)"; OR successful completion of English Comp 1 with a C or better. Contact academic advisor at 920-498-5444).
Course Typically Offered
- Analyze the stages of the helping process
- Analyze the role of professionals in helping relationships
- Identify the micro skills used in reflective processes
- Demonstrate micro level skills in helping processes
- Develop professional counseling relationships
- Explain the importance of cultural competence in counseling
- Analyze documentation used in counseling
- Explore ethical issues within the helping process
- Conduct an interview
- Analyze the goal setting process