Intro to Diesel Mechanics
Course Number: 10412151
10-412-151 INTRO TO DIESEL MECHANICS ...introduces the student to the tools and equipment used in a heavy duty diesel shop, diesel shop work orders, vehicle classifications, fasteners and repair hardware, rigging and lifting, and basic diesel shop equipment operation.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate for the commercial vehicle repair industry.
- Utilize common industry tooling and equipment.
- Utilize common diesel mechanic shop measuring instruments.
- Identify appropriate fasteners and hardware for repair applications.
- Utilize industry approved vehicle lifting procedures
- Utilize industry approved overhead lifting procedures
- Locate and identify major class 7 and 8 truck components