Intro to Diesel Mechanics
Course Number: 10412151
10-412-151 INTRO TO DIESEL MECHANICS ...introduces the student to the tools and equipment used in a heavy duty diesel shop, diesel shop work orders, vehicle classifications, fasteners and repair hardware, rigging and lifting, and basic diesel shop equipment operation.
Course Typically Offered
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate for the commercial vehicle repair industry.
- Utilize common industry tooling and equipment.
- Utilize common diesel mechanic shop measuring instruments.
- Identify appropriate fasteners and hardware for repair applications.
- Utilize industry approved vehicle lifting procedures
- Utilize industry approved overhead lifting procedures
- Locate and identify major class 7 and 8 truck components