HVAC/R Refrigeration Fundamentals
Course Number: 10601133
10-601-133 HVAC/R REFRIGERATION FUNDAMENTALS ...principles of refrigeration and air conditioning, temperature, heat and pressure measurement, system component operation, testing for proper system operation using industry standard tools and practices. (Prerequisites: 10-601-111, HVAC/R Electrical Fundamentals OR 10-601-116, HVAC/R Mech Svc Fund & Safety)
Course Typically Offered
- Utilize the basic principles of physics for temperature and heat.
- Convert pressures between the scales commonly used in the refrigeration industry.
- Graph water's sensible and latent heat on a temperature-enthalpy graph.
- Analyze the affect pressure has on the latent heat of water.
- Explain the operation of a basic compression refrigeration system.
- Take the critical temperature and pressure readings on a running refrigeration system.
- Determine the expected temperatures and pressures for a properly running refrigeration system.
- Perform the start up procedure for a capillary tube/fixed orifice refrigeration system utilizing industry standard procedures.
- 5-Perform the start up procedure for a thermostatic expansion valve(TXV) refrigeration system utilizing industry standard procedures.