HVACR Mechanicals 3
Course Number: 10601161
10-601-161 HVACR MECHANICALS 3 ..pipe fitting procedures and support systems for copper piping systems with an emphasis on proper practices for the refrigeration industry. Soldering, brazing, and press connection methodology. Safe oxy-acetylene torch usage. (Prerequisite: 10-601-160, HVACR Mechanicals 2)
Course Typically Offered
- Determine the proper size piping needed for a refrigeration system.
- Prepare copper tubing for installation.
- Perform mechanical bending processes for routing refrigeration piping systems.
- Perform mechanical connections for joining refrigeration piping systems.
- Perform brazing procedures for joining refrigeration piping systems.
- Install a refrigeration lineset for a split AC system.
- Install a residential air conditioning evaporator coil.
- Install a residential air conditioning condensing unit.