HVAC/R Mechanical Service Fundamentals & Safety
Course Number: 10601116
10-601-116 HVAC/R MECHANICAL SERVICE FUNDAMENTALS & SAFETY ...standard first aid, OSHA 10-hour course, ladder safety, lockout/tagout electrical procedures, mechanical math, measurement, fasteners, proper hand and power tool usage. (Prerequisites: Accepted into the HVAC/R Technology Program. Co-requisites: 10-601-111, HVAC/R Electrical Fundamentals; 10-601-133, HVAC/R Refrigeration Fundamentals)
Course Typically Offered
- Identify different career opportunities available in the HVAC/R industry.
- Characterize expectations for an HVAC/R professional.
- Demonstrate proper safety practices used in the HVAC/R industry.
- Attain OSHA 10 General Industry certification.
- Demonstrate the proper use of different HVAC/R tools.
- Differentiate mechanical fasteners used in the HVAC/R industry.
- Apply various types of measurement methods pertaining to the HVAC/R industry.
- Install a gas furnace per manufacturer installation manual.
- Install a duct system for a gas forced air furnace.