HVAC/R Heating Fundamentals
Course Number: 10601121
10-601-121 HVAC/R HEATING FUNDAMENTALS ...principles of combustion for fossil fuels, burner set-up, heating system basics, combustion testing for residential systems, and basic mechanical heating service. (Prerequisites: 10-601-111, HVAC/R Electrical Fundamentals)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Demonstrate awareness to safety hazards and procedures associated with heating systems
- Analyze heating fundamentals
- Analyze products of combustion
- Compare the energy systems used for heating systems
- Examine the types of gas heating systems
- Analyze the functionality of various gas furnace components.
- Analyze flame characteristics of gas burners.
- Use manufacturer's available resources to select various gas control regulators
- Calculate the proper gas pipe size for heating applications
- Demonstrate the procedures to install gas piping systems.
- Calculate the proper venting and combustion air system requirements
- Install venting and combustion air systems