HVAC/R Control System Applications
Course Number: 10601145
10-601-145 HVAC/R CONTROL SYSTEM APPLICATIONS ...HVAC/R electric, electronic, pneumatic, and computerized control systems for hydronic and air systems. Control application fundamentals, system wiring, start-up and troubleshooting. (Prerequisites: 10-601-135, HVAC/R Hydronic System Applications)
Course Typically Offered
- The Student Will Be Able To Discuss The Purpose, Features, And Functions Of Total Energy Management (TEM) Systems
- The Student Will Be Able To Program Electronic Thermostats
- The Student Will Be Able To Explain Principles, Operation, And Troubleshooting Of Electronic And Diagnostic Thermostats
- The Student Will Be Able To Explain How Components Of A Centralized Energy Management System Interact
- The Student Will Be Able To Compare Features Of Building Operations Supervisory Systems
- The student will discuss methods of room temperature and relative humidity control management.
- The student will calculate the amount of air required to meet ventilation codes.
- The student will explain the purpose and application of scheduling building energy use during the unoccupied cycle.
- The student will explain various applications of energy savings techniques to air handling systems.
- The student will explain applications of energy savings techniques on supply water.
- The student will explain the features, operation, and control strategies of the N-1001 Economizer Logic Network.