HVAC/R Air Conditioning Applications
Course Number: 10601132
10-601-132 HVAC/R AIR CONDITIONING APPLICATIONS ...air properties, air system component application fundamentals, indoor air quality fundamentals, system measurement, adjustment, and troubleshooting to control temperature and humidity in HVAC systems. (Prerequisites: 10-601-113, HVAC/R Refrig/Air Cond Syst; 10-601-127, HVAC/R Control Circuits;10-601-128, HVAC/R Heating Systems )
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Analyze the basic fundamental concepts of airflow properties
- Demonstrate proper airflow measurement techniques.
- Analyze system processes using the psychrometric chart.
- Analyze the operation of HVACR systems using psychrometric charts
- Analyze manufacturer's design and selection data.
- Calibrate mixed air control minimum air settings
- Determine operating conditions of a fan using industry tools
- Analyze the construction, application, and performance of various fan types used in HVAC equipment
- Analyze fan modulation methods
- Determine proper duct sizes and configurations for constant volume systems
- Evaluate existing duct systems to determine if they are properly sized