GERO: Alzheimer's and Dementia Disease
Course Number: 10544205
10-544-205 GERO: ALZHEIMER'S AND DEMENTIA DISEASE ...study of Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Students will differentiate between stages of dementia and Alzheimer's disease. By analyzing normal brain processes and how these diseases affect brain function, students gain insight on best practices in responding to the needs of this population and their caregivers and loved ones.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Contrast a healthy brain with that of a brain impacted by dementia
- Differentiate between the various forms of dementia
- Identify the risk factors of dementia
- Characterize how an individual's life may be altered by dementia
- Assess what it means to receive a diagnosis inclusive of a dementia disease
- Develop strategies to respond to behaviors often displayed by persons with dementia
- Outline the essential aspects of caregiving for persons with dementia