General Physics 1
Course Number: 10806154
10-806-154 GENERAL PHYSICS 1 ...applications/theory of basic physics principles: problem-solving, laboratory investigation, and applications including unit conversion and analysis, vectors, translational and rotational kinematics/dynamics, heat/temperature, and harmonic motion and waves. (Prereq: 2.6 GPA & Alg 2 or equiv w/C or better; OR Next Gen Rdg score greater/equal to 263, Arith greater/equal to 250, & QRAS greater/equal to 250; OR ACT Reading greater/equal to 17 & Math greater/equal to 21; OR Coll Tech Math 1A OR Int Alg w/C or better)
Course Typically Offered
- Solve problems involving unit conversion and unit analysis.
- Perform vector analysis.
- Apply the laws of translational kinematics.
- Apply the laws of translational dynamics.
- Solve problems using concepts of work, energy, and power.
- Solve problems based on the principle of conservation of momentum.
- Apply the laws of rotational kinematics.
- Apply the laws of rotational dynamics.
- Solve problems involving properties of solids and fluids.
- Solve problems involving heat and temperature.
- Solve problems involving simple harmonic motion and waves.