Gas Utility Field Training 1
Course Number: 31-469-311
31-469-311 GAS UTILITY FIELD TRAINING 1 ...construction equipment safety and operation (trenching, backhoe, boring), equipment maintenance, gas and vehicular safety, and field mapping. (Prerequisite: Accepted into Gas Utility Construction & Service)
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Explain Characteristics and Hazards of Propane & Natural gas
- Operate tools in the gas industry in a safe manner
- Operate vehicles commonly used by the gas industry
- Demonstrate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Operate Backhoe/Loader
- Operate Trenchers
- Operate Compressors
- Join Plastic Pipes with heat fusion using butt fusion process
- Join Plastic Pipes with heat fusion using socket fusion process
- Prepare for excavation hazards
- Locate underground facilities
- Perform tracer wire connections
- Become familiar with OQ (Operator Qualifications) used in gas utility industry
- Join plastic pipes with electro-fusion.
- Join Plastic Pipes with heat fusion using saddle fusion process