Fundamentals of Emergency Dispatch
Course Number: 10504162
10-504-162 FUNDAMENTALS OF EMERGENCY DISPATCH ...This course provides the opportunity for the learner to develop the knowledge skills process and understanding every successful public safety telecommunicator needs to meet the demands of this critical profession.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Explore the roles of the Emergency Telecommunicator
- Examine the various technologies used in emergency telecommunication.
- Examine the the types of calls that may come into the telecommunication center.
- Examine a computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system [including mapping and recording devices].
- Explain radio technology and radio broadcast procedures in public safety communications.
- Recognize the importance of disaster preparedness and readiness for emergency telecommunicator centers.
- Identify the essential communication skills of emergency dispatching.
- Identify the legal responsibilities and liability with emergency dispatching.
- Examine stress in public safety communications.