Course Number: 10-503-151
10-503-151 FIRE PREVENTION ...provides fundamental information regarding the history and philosophy of fire prevention, organization and operation of a fire prevention bureau, use of fire codes, and identification and correction of fire hazards. Meets all requirements for Fire Inspector 1 certification with the State of Wisconsin. (Prerequisites: Fire Fighting Principles (10-503-142 or 10-503-102 or Firefighter I State Certification and advanced standing in Firefighting Principles)
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Identify laws, codes, ordinances, and regulations as they relate to fire prevention.
- Explain how code enforcement impacts life and property loss.
- Define the national fire problem and role of fire prevention.
- Describe fire prevention organizations and associations.
- Identify the laws, rules, regulations, and codes relevant to fire prevention to the authority having jurisdiction.
- Define the functions of a fire prevention bureau.
- Describe inspection practices and procedures.
- Describe the standards for professional qualifications for Fire Marshal, Plans Examiner, Fire Inspector, Fire and Life Safety Educator, and Fire Investigator.
- Identify opportunities in professional development for fire prevention personnel.
- Describe the history and philosophy of fire prevention.