Fire Behavior and Combustion
Course Number: 10-503-195
10-503-195 FIRE BEHAVIOR AND COMBUSTION...Explores the theories and fundamentals of how and why fires start, spread, and are controlled Prereq: Firefighting Principles (10503142); Principles Emergency Services (10503191)
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Identify physical properties of the three states of matter.
- Categorize the components of fire.
- Explain the physical and chemical properties of fire.
- Describe the process of burning.
- Use basic terms and concepts associated with the chemistry and dynamics of fire.
- Discuss various materials and their relationship to fires as fuel.
- Describe other suppression agents and strategies.
- Demonstrate how the characteristics of water can be used as a fire suppression agent.
- Compare other methods and techniques of fire extinguishments