EDU: Library Science-Intro
Course Number: 10-522-108
10-522-108 EDU: LIBRARY SCIENCE-INTRODUCTION ...overview of the library and roles of librarian assistant. Introduces learner to library services/resources, current practices, media and technology, activities to support students, research strategies, communication, and library management.
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Identify various Roles and Responsibilities of a Librarian Assistant.
- Identify and support student use of different library levels and departments
- Support Student Research
- Research Current Library Practices
- Apply Copyright Laws in School Settings
- Use Media and Technology in the Library
- Communicate Effectively with Students and Staff
- Demonstrate the User of Library Management Tools
- Use and assist students to use the Dewey Decimal System