Diesel Heavy Duty Electrical 1
Course Number: 10412154
10-412-154 DIESEL HEAVY DUTY ELECTRICAL 1 ...focuses on the fundamentals of electricity, batteries starting circuits, charging circuits, and electrical circuits found on trucks and tractors. Covers testing and troubleshooting procedures for various systems presently used in the industry, as well as how to perform repairs. (Pre-requisite: 10-412-153, Intro to Electrical Systems)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Describe the principles of electricity and the theory of current flow
- Explain how magnetism works.
- Explain the relationship between electrical voltage, current, resistance, and power using Ohms law.
- Formulate unknown values for series, parallel, and series-parallel circuits.
- Perform electrical measurements using a digital multimeter.
- Solve basic electrical faults on comercial motor vehicle electrical systems
- Explain explain the function of electrical components.
- Interpret electrical schematic information.
- Explain the function of a battery.
- Test the battery for proper function,
- Explain the operation of a starting system.
- Test the starting system and its components for proper function.
- Maintain lighting systems on comercial motor vehicles.
- Maintain gauges and warning devices on comercial motor vehicles.
- Maintain related electrical systems on comercial motor vehicles