Diesel Engine Rebuilding
Course Number: 10412163
10-412-163 DIESEL ENGINE REBUILDING ...students will disassemble, identify each part of a modern diesel engine, measure all wear points and make reuse recommendations. Students will also reassemble an electronic controlled diesel engine. Covers component analysis, function and operation theories of the diesel engine.
Course Typically Offered
Length of Course
- Less than 8 weeks
- Determine the correct torque procedures for assembling an engine.
- Explain operation of an overhead cam engine.
- Measure all short block engine components on an engine.
- Measure all cylinder head components on an engine.
- Disassemble an engine assembly.
- Assemble an engine assembly.
- Compare the different fuel systems.
- Determine the need for cylinder block repair.
- Recondition an engine block.
- Determine the need for cylinder head repairs.
- Explain engine fundamentals.
- Analyze engine system problems.