DC 1: Introduction
Course Number: 10-660-104
10-660-104 DC 1: INTRODUCTION ...introduction to the concepts of DC electricity and simple series circuits. Voltage, current, resistance, Ohm's Law, power and Kirchoff's Voltage Law are defined. (This class can only be taken at the high school level.)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
Credit for Prior Learning
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Employ Scientific and Engineering notation in the description of electrical quantities
- Follow learning facility rules and procedures
- Analyze the theory and properties of an electric circuit.
- Analyze the physical basis for the electrical quantity of resistance
- Evaluate simple electrical components in various circuit configurations.
- Analyze circuit parameters such as voltage, current, resistance and power.