Culinary Baking Fundamentals
Course Number: 10316120
10-316-120 CULINARY BAKING FUNDAMENTALS ...understand basic baking principles and develop knowledge of the functions/appropriate usage of the ingredients used in production baking. Learn how different types of bakery products are classified and ingredient cost-outs are calculated. (Prerequisite: Acceptance in Culinary Specialist technical diploma or Culinary Management associate degree or Baking and Pastry Certificate)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Apply principles of sanitation, safety, and personal hygiene.
- Examine the basic food science principles related to baking.
- Explain the basic baking principles.
- Identify a variety of basic baked products.
- Demonstrate the ability to select, operate, and maintain a variety of equipment, utensils,and tools used in baking.
- Identify proper scaling and measurement techniques.
- Identify and formulate recipe conversions.