Course Number: 10-110-122
10-110-122 CREDITOR/DEBTOR RELATIONS ...exploration of legal rights of creditors and debtors, collection of outstanding debts, execution of judgments, small claims court, bankruptcy procedures, and filing bankruptcy petitions and schedules. (Associate Degree Prerequisite: 10-110-101, Paralegal Intro/Legal Ethics with a "C" or better; Technical Diploma Corequisite: 10-110-101, Paralegal Intro/Legal Ethics)
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Examine how debt is created.
- Prepare debt creation documents.
- Explain types of loans, credit arrangements and credit reporting practices.
- Examine Wisconsin small claims debt collection court procedures.
- Examine the effect of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act on debt collection.
- Prepare debt collection documents.
- Examine the federal bankruptcy court system.
- Differentiate between types of bankruptcy claims.
- Prepare Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcy petitions.