Contemporary Healthcare Practices
Course Number: 10501104
10-501-104 CONTEMPORARY HEALTHCARE PRACTICES...prepares learners to work in the healthcare environment as part of a healthcare team. Learners will investigate the healthcare community, patient privacy standards, and the professional behavior that is expected in today's medical community. Learner will examine various aspects of verbal and written communication skills, customer service principles, and problem solving techniques necessary to be a vital member of the healthcare workforce.
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Examine the healthcare community
- Demonstrate professional behavior as a member of the healthcare team
- Protect patient privacy and confidentiality
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills in the healthcare setting
- Integrate principles of customer service in the healthcare setting
- Demonstrate effective written communication skills in the healthcare setting
- Apply an organized process to solve problems in a healthcare setting