Commercial HVACR Systems Analysis
Course Number: 10-481-109
10-481-109 COMMERCIAL HVACR ANALYSIS ...identify commercial HVAC system types and the general energy use impact of each type. Calculations of system equipment efficiencies will be used to determine EER, SEER, AFUE, COP, combination and seasonal efficiency in boilers, balance point partial efficiency. (Corequisites: 10-481-114, Intro to Energy Management)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
Credit for Prior Learning
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Review heat transfer principles for buildings.
- Describe thermodynamic processes in buildings.
- Analyze the psychrometrics of HVACR systems.
- Analyze the heating and cooling loads of buildings.
- Analyze types of heating equipment for buildings.
- Analyze types of cooling equipment for buildings.
- Analyze types of duct systems for HVACR equipment in buildings.
- Develop strategies to operate HVACR systems efficiently.
- Analyze the vapor compression cycle of a refrigeration system.