Commercial Energy Use Analysis
Course Number: 10481108
10-481-108 COMMERCIAL ENERGY ANALYSIS ...emphasis is on the analysis of energy use in commercial buildings including utility bill analysis, audit data, identifying energy efficiency measures, energy savings and investment calculations, audit report writing. (Prerequisites: 10-481-109, Commercial HVACR Systems Analysis; 10-481-117, Energy Control Strategies, 10-481-115, Lighting Fundamentals)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Review the components of a building energy audit.
- Identify energy efficiency measures in new and existing buildings.
- Use common energy auditng and field measurement instruments.
- Review energy savings and investment calculations.
- Review discounted cash flow calculations related to energy projects.
- Calculate life cycle cost analysis of energy projects.
- Write an energy audit report.
- Critique an existing energy use analysis report.
- Explain the role of energy service companies in commercial building energy projects.
- Explore opportunities available in the ENERGY STAR program