Civil Trial Advocacy
Course Number: 10110103
10-110-103 CIVIL TRIAL ADVOCACY ...apply skills introduced in Civil Litigation 10-110-102, including organizing and managing a civil litigation matter; drafting pleadings, discovery requests and responses; summarizing and abstracting discovery responses and evidence; and compiling a trial notebook. (Prerequisites: 10-801-136, English Composition 1; 10-110-101, Paralegal Intro/Legal Ethics with a "C" or better; 10-110-102, Civil Litigation)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Organize and manage a civil litigation matter.
- Draft civil pleadings
- Draft civil discovery requests
- Draft responses to civil discovery requests.
- Summarize and abstract responses to civil discovery requests
- Detect potential evidentiary challenges
- Prepare evidence for trial
- Compile a trial notebook
- Participate in a mock trial as a member of a collaborative litigation team