Course Number: 10412158
10-412-158 CHASSIS SUB-SYSTEMS ...focus on the sub system of various OEM chassis including compressed air for brakes, avoidance collision system, and chassis configurations. Students will use OEM software to obtain OEM specifications for each sub system.
Course Typically Offered
Length of Course
- Less than 8 weeks
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate for the commercial vehicle repair industry.
- Explain the fundamentals of 5th wheels and hitching devices
- Demonstrate 5th service and repair
- Explain the Fundamentals of Commercial Vehicle Tires
- Demonstrate safe handling procedures of tires and rims
- Demonstrate Commercial Vehicle Tire Service and Repair
- Explain the operation of commercial vehicle air brake system
- Explain the operation of commercial motor vehicle ABS, roll stability, and collision avoidance systems
- Identify major components of the air supply system