Course Number: 10316126
10-316-126 CATERING ...an overview of catering including pricing, hiring/managing staff, marketing, planning successful events, preparing safe/attractive food as well as managing the event. (Prerequisite: Acceptance in Culinary Specialist technical diploma or Culinary Management associate degree or Restaurant Management technical diploma or Hospitality Management associate degree).
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Create menus for large quantity cooking.
- Convert standard recipes to various large quantity events.
- Prepare food for large quantity groups.
- Evaluate daily prep lists and apply volume cooking methods.
- Manage mise en place techniques for large quantity cooking.
- Prepare purchase orders for large quantity cooking.
- Calculate costing for large quantity cooking.
- Identify proper equipment and supplies for large quantity presentations.
- Create buffet setup based on large quantity events.
- Integrate proper sanitation techniques.