Course Number: 10804198
10-804-198 CALCULUS 1 ...analyze and graph algebraic expressions, especially conic sections. Develop an intuitive understanding of limits, derivatives and integrals. Apply the derivative and the integral to certain physical problems. (Prerequisite: : Next Gen AAF score greater/equal to 276 AND Rdg greater/equal to 250; OR TABE A 9/10 Math greater/equal to no equiv AND Rdg greater/equal to 8.8; OR TABE 11/12 Math greater/equal to no equiv AND Rdg greater/equal to 573; OR ACT Math score greater/equal to 28 AND ACT Rdg greater/equal to 16; OR C or better in College Algebra & Trig w/Apps-contact academic advisor 920-498-5444).
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Evaluate limits of functions
- Calculate derivatives of algebraic functions
- Calculate derivatives of trigonometric functions
- Calculate derivatives of exponential functions
- Calculate derivatives of logarithmic functions
- Use derivatives to solve applied problems
- Analyze the graph of a function using derivatives
- Calculate indefinite integrals of functions
- Calculate definite integrals of functions
- Calculate area using calculus techniques
- Use integrals to solve applied problems
- Use substitution to calculate integrals