Calc Physics 1 Enhancement
Course Number: 10806158
10-806-158 CALC PHYSICS 1 ENHANCEMENT ...mathematical enhancement transforming General Physics 1 (4 cr) into Calc-based Physics 1 (5 cr). Topics include deriving fundamental kinematic equations, time-and position-varying forces, impulse, work, rotational motion, moments of inertia, simple-harmonic motion, thermodynamics. (Prerequisite: A 4-credit, Algebra-based Physics course containing mechanics and Calculus 1 at your college. Please check with your primary college for more information.)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Apply Translational Kinematics to One-Dimensional Motion
- Apply Translational Kinematics to two-dimensional motion.
- Apply the concepts of work, power, and energy to dynamics applications.
- Examine the concepts and principles of linear momentum.
- Apply the laws of rotational dynamics and equilibrium.
- Explore the concepts of thermodynamics as they pertain to fluid systems.