Blueprint Reading for Welders1
Course Number: 31421335
31-421-335 BLUEPRINT READING FOR WELDERS 1 ...course provides the opportunity for the learner to develop the knowledge and understanding of orthographic projection, sketching, dimensioning, section and auxiliary views, structural shapes, metric conversation and interpretation of fabrications from prints. (Prerequisite: Accepted into Welding program, Metal Fabrication technical diploma or the Intro to MIG Certificate AND Next Gen Rdg score greater/equal to 237; OR ACT Rdg score greater/equal to 15; OR preparatory courses)
Course Typically Offered
- Contact an Advisor
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Identify drawing lines & views.
- Use fractions and decimals and accurate measuring instruments.
- Sketch oblique & Isometric drawings.
- Clarify alternate types of views.
- Verify structural shapes on bill of materials.