Course Number: 10614213
10-614-213 BUILDING MATERIALS ...considers material properties, processes of manufacture, installation procedures and performance. Construction methods, building systems and products will be evaluated. Materials will be analyzed and classified based on the Construction Specifications Institute Master Format. (Prerequisite: Acceptance in Architectural Technology program or into the Fundamentals of Architecture certificate.)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Outline construction material organization system.
- Analyze properties of concrete.
- Summarize masonry construction methods.
- Analyze masonry units.
- Analyze metal building materials.
- Analyze wood building materials.
- Analyze plastic building materials.
- Evaluate options for thermal protection.
- Evaluate options for moisture protection.
- Evaluate options for openings.
- Compare finish materials.