Audio Engineering 1
Course Number: 10-206-102
10-206-102 AUDIO ENGINEERING 1 ...apply the basics of recording in a professional studio with state-of-the-art equipment to produce high quality audio for distribution. Learn about microphones and their placement; use various audio interfaces and mixers and distribute files to clients for streaming services. (Corequisite: 10-206-100, Digital Audio)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
Credit for Prior Learning
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Analyze signal flow in physical and software mixers
- Analyze microphone types and polar patterns
- Develop mic placement skills
- Develop studio recording workflow
- Develop recording workflow for live performance
- Engineer broadcast talk session
- Engineer live and studio recording session
- Apply post production audio techniques
- Produce edited recordings
- Convert files for various delivery methods