Air Pollution Control Systems
Course Number: 10-506-164
10-506-164 AIR POLLUTION CONTROL SYSTEMS ... air quality problems, federal and state regulatory mechanisms, and the types of emission control technology currently available. Monitoring emissions and ambient air quality are addressed. (Prerequisite: 10-801-136, English Composition 1 with a "C" or better)
How can I use this course to achieve my career goals?
This course is associated with the following programs:
What will I learn?
- Classify the sources & effects of air pollution
- Describe the hierarchy of local, state and federal agencies involved in the regulation of air quality and the laws governing each.
- Prepare Air Quality Permits
- Demonstrate air pollution sampling and monitoring techniques
- Analyze air sampling and monitoring data
- Investigate Indoor Air Quality
- Explain the Atmospheric dispersion of pollutants
- Quantify Emissions
- Explain Air Emission Control Processes
- Analyze specific air pollution problems
- Practice Proper Workplace Safety
- Explore Odor and Noise Pollution Problems
- Design Proper Ventilation Systems