Dental & General Anatomy
Course Number: 31-508-304
Description: 31-508-304 DENTAL & GENERAL ANATOMY...prepares dental assistant students to apply fundamentals of general and dental anatomy to informed decision-making and to professional communication with colleagues and patients. (Corequisites: 10-508-101, Dental Health Safety; 31-508-307, Dental Asst Professionalism)
Total Credits: 2
- Apply descriptive, anatomical, physiological, and directional terminology to the human body and its organization.
- Compare primary tissue types of the body
- Illustrate the relationship among body systems and functions
- Identify the anatomical components of the head and neck according to their structure and functions
- Characterize the structures of the oral cavity
- Classify the types of teeth
- Characterize tooth structure
- Characterize the supporting structure of the teeth
- Relate oral pathologies to dental health and treatment
Course details are from the 2021-2022 academic year and are subject to change after 5/23/2022.