Course Number: 30-090-388
Description: 30-090-388 CROP MANAGEMENT ...economics, alternative crop strategies, production management, variety selection, maintenance fertilization, pest controls and weed chemicals, harvesting, storage, marketing and farm business analysis, specialty crops, government programs and developing crop budgets.
Total Credits: 4
Prior Learning Assessments
- Select and implement approved and safe crop management practices (corn).
- Complete best management plan for optimal returns from cropping enterprise.
- Select and implement approved crop management practices (alfalfa)
- Select and implement approved and safe crop management practices (small grain).
- Evaluate available specialty crop alternatives
- Use governmental farm programs to receive available assistance.
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis of land ownership vs land rental options.
- Determine impact of various forage harvesting and storage alternatives.
- Utilize SNAP ( soil nutrient analysis program) software to prepare a nutrient management plan.
- Develop and implement a plan for maintenance or replacement of farm machines and equipment
- Compare crop budgets for profit potential of various cropping plans.
- Develop a strategy to market excess commodities as needed based on crop production levels.
- Conduct a crop enterprise budget analysis plan involving strategies for the coming year.
- Operate cropping enterprise to establish maximum sustainable profitablity