Course Number: 10-804-198
Description: 10-804-198 CALCULUS 1 ...analyze and graph algebraic expressions, especially conic sections. Develop an intuitive understanding of limits, derivatives and integrals. Apply the derivative and the integral to certain physical problems. (Prerequisite: : Next Gen AAF score greater/equal to 276 AND Rdg greater/equal to 250; OR TABE A 9/10 Math greater/equal to no equiv AND Rdg greater/equal to 8.8; OR TABE 11/12 Math greater/equal to no equiv AND Rdg greater/equal to 573; OR ACT Math score greater/equal to 28 AND ACT Rdg greater/equal to 16; OR C or better in College Algebra & Trig w/Apps-contact academic advisor 920-498-5444).
Total Credits: 4
Prior Learning Assessments
- Find limits and continuity of functions
- Calculate derivatives for algebraic functions
- Calculate derivatives of trigonometric functions
- Calculate derivatives of exponential and logarithmic functions
- Use derivatives to solve applied problems.
- Graph and analyze functions using derivative tests
- Find integrals of algebraic functions
- Approximate integrals with numerical methods
- Find volume of solids of revolution
- Apply integrals to solve problems involving centroids, moments of inertia, work, and pressure