College Algebra & Trig w Apps
Course Number: 10-804-197
Description: 10-804-197 COLLEGE ALGEBRA & TRIGONOMETRY WITH APPLICATIONS …those skills needed for success in Calculus and many application areas on a baccalaureate level. Topics include the real and complex number systems, polynomials, exponents, radicals, solving equations and inequalities (linear and nonlinear), relations and functions, systems of equations and inequalities (linear and nonlinear), matrices, graphing, conic sections, sequences and series, combinatories, and the binomial theorem. (Prerequisite: Next Gen AAF score greater/equal to 250 AND Rdg greater/equal to 250; OR TABE A 9/10 Math greater/equal to no equiv AND Rdg greater/equal to 8.8; OR TABE 11/12 Math greater/equal to no equiv AND Rdg greater/equal to 573; OR ACT Math score greater/equal to 24 AND ACT Rdg greater/equal to 16; OR C or better in Inter Alg-contact academic advisor 920-498-5444)
Total Credits: 5
Prior Learning Assessments
- Apply mathematical problem solving skills.
- Use the fundamental concepts of algebra.
- Analyze the features of a graph of a given function or relation.
- Solve linear and quadratic equations and inequalities.
- Analyze the properties of linear and quadratic functions.
- Use theories of equations to find the zeros of a polynomial function.
- Determine complex solutions to polynomial equations.
- Perform computations with rational functions.
- Perform computations with radical functions.
- Analyze exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Solve non-linear systems of equations.
- Solve systems of linear equations.
- Perform basic operations with matrices.
- Use the inverse of a square matrix.
- Solve systems of equations using matrix equations.
- Solve systems of linear inequalities.
- Produce the graph of a conic section.
- Solve problems involving sequences and series.
- Use the Binomial Theorem.
- Define the trigonometric functions.
- Evaluate the trigonometric functions.
- Use radian measures of angles.
- Interpret graphs of trigonometric functions.
- Graph equations of basic and modified trigonometric functions.
- Define the inverse of a trigonometric function.
- Derive trigonometric identities.
- Apply new trigonometric identities.
- Solve trigonometric equations.
- Perform operations with parametric equations.
- Solve oblique triangles.
- Perform vector operations.
- Use trigonometry in vector applications.
- Perform operations with complex numbers in trigonometric form.
- Relate the polar coordinate system to the rectangular coordinate system.