Digital 1: Logic
Course Number: 10-660-101
Description: 10-660-101 DIGITAL 1: LOGIC ...AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR, logic operation using switch logic, ladder logic, and gate logic. Simplification methods using Boolean theorems and Karnaugh Maps, and timing diagram analysis.
Total Credits: 1
Prior Learning Assessments
- Convert between decimal and binary whole numbers.
- Describe the operation of switch-based logic using truth tables and Boolean expressions.
- Contrast the operation of an integrated circuit AND, OR, and NOT gates to that of switch logic.
- Analyze gate circuits using truth tables and timing diagrams.
- Analyze complex combination of AND, OR and NOT gates.
- Perform the steps to implement gate circuits from Boolean expression without simplification.
- Describe the operation of integrated circuit NAND and NOR gates.
- Use relays to implement Boolean expressions.
- Use Tautology theorems to simplify simple expressions.
- Use Boolean theorems to simplify simple expressions.