Engineering Materials - Introduction to
Course Number: 10-623-170
Description: 10-623-170 ENGINEERING MATERIALS - INTRO ...exposure to engineering materials, their properties, and behavior. Topics will include: material types, material testing, mechanical properties, heat treatment and materials selection. (Corequisites: 10-804-197, College Algebra & Trig w Apps OR 10-804-195, College Algebra w Apps AND 10-804-196, Trigonometry w Apps OR 10-804-113 Tech Math 1A)
Total Credits: 3
- Define material types for engineering.
- Practice material testing.
- Investigate elementary concepts in engineering materials.
- Analyze mechanical properties of materials.
- Describe heat treatment of steels.
- Describe heat treatment of non-ferrous metals.
- Evaluate physical and mechanical properties of ceramics.
- Evaluate physical and mechanical properties of polymers.
- Explain the properties of material selection and design considerations.
Course details are from the 2021-2022 academic year and are subject to change after 5/23/2022.