Paramedic Medical Principles
Course Number: 10-531-912
Description: 10-531-912 PARAMEDIC MEDICAL PRINCIPLES ...this course addresses the complex depth of anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of major human systems while also introducing the paramedic students to the topics of shock, immunology, and bleeding. (Corequisites: all 10-531-XXX courses in the current semester)
Total Credits: 4
- Apply human anatomy and physiology concepts
- Summarize cell structure and function
- Examine the anatomy and physiology of various body systems.
- Summarize pathophysiology and the disease process at the cellular level.
- Summarize hypoperfusion (shock).
- Relate traumatic bleeding to morbidity/mortality
- Identify factors related to disease.
- Summarize the ways in which the human body protects itself against disease.
- Correlate morbidity/mortality and preventative strategies to the pathophysiology of immunology conditions.
Course details are from the 2021-2022 academic year and are subject to change after 5/23/2022.