Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
Course Number: 10-531-102
Description: 10-531-102 EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN ...preparatory aspects, airway management, patient assessment, medical/behavioral cases, trauma care, pediatric cases, and field operations in basic life-support emergency medical care. (Prerequisite: Accepted into EMT program or Fire Protection Technician program)
Total Credits: 5
Prior Learning Assessments
- Apply the preparatory aspects of emergency medical care.
- Perform basic and advanced airway management techniques.
- Demonstrate patient assessment in various emergency scenarios.
- Perform care of medical and behavioral emergency patients.
- Demonstrate emergency care of trauma patients.
- Adapt principles of care to pediatric cases.
- Develop a code of behavior for emergency field operations.