Basic EKG Analysis
Course Number: 10526253
10-526-253 BASIC EKG ANALYSIS... explores the electrical activity of the heart and the various techniques for recording them. The differences between 3 and 12 lead electrocardiograms (EKG's) will be covered. Students will identify waveforms and rhythms and correlate them to the cardiac events. (Prerequisites: Active enrollment in the Echocardiography program and/or permission of program faculty)
Course Typically Offered
Most NWTC classes are offered in 8-week sessions. Learn more about how our class schedule can help you succeed.
- Examine components of the conduction system to their corresponding EKG waveform.
- Compare the differences and indications between 12 lead EKG's and 3 lead rhythm strips.
- Prepare patients for diagnostic EKG.
- Analyze normal cardiac rhythms.
- Examine abnormal rhythms in relation to cardiac events.
- Discuss use of EKG for electrical axis, hypertrophy, infarction, and theory of cardiac defibrillation.