EDU: Equity in Education
Course Number: 10-522-112
Description: 10-522-112 EDU: EQUITY IN EDUCATION ...students analyze personal culture, explore cultural constructs, evaluate cultural bias in educational materials and analyze strategies to support English Learners. Students examine diversity in the classroom and develop techniques for supporting equity in the learning environment. In addition, students collaborate to identify service needs in the community and demonstrate professional collaboration skills through participating in a service learning project.
Total Credits: 3
- Analyze personal culture
- Evaluate bias in educational materials
- Explore culturally responsive practices
- Examine diversity in the classroom
- Analyze strategies to support English Learners
- Support equity in the classroom
- Demonstrate professional collaboration skills in a service learning project
Course details are from the 2021-2022 academic year and are subject to change after 5/23/2022.