Solar Thermal - Design & Site
Course Number: 10-483-107
Description: 10-483-107 SOLAR THERMAL DESIGN & SITE ...learn steps to performing a site audit prior to installation of a solar thermal system. Focus on defining the solar window, system site placement and sizing, lead analysis and energy efficiency. (Prerequisite: 10-482-126, Intro to Solar)
Total Credits: 3
Prior Learning Assessments
- Describe the elements of a solar thermal system design.
- Explain the basics of solar thermal collector mounting including roof designs.
- Perform a solar thermal site assessment.
- Utilize solar thermal system analysis software.
- Investigate relevant codes, permitting processes, incentives, standards, and certification requirements.
- Design a solar thermal system for a site and communicate the results to a site owner.