Course Number: 10-482-133
Description: 10-482-133 PHOTOVOLTAICS-ADVANCED ...topics include batteries, wiring configurations, system diagramming, National Electrical code, component selection, wiring, safety and system maintenance. (Prerequisites: 10-482-126 Intro to Solar; 10-660-104, DC 1: Intro; 10-660-105, DC 2: Circuits; 10-620-107, AC 1: Properties)
Total Credits: 4
Prior Learning Assessments
- Explore the basics of Grid tied and Stand alone PhotoVoltaic systems.
- Explore the solar radiation data and measurements in our lab setting for sizing a PhotoVolatic system.
- Analyze the OSHA safety requirements for typical PhotoVoltaic installations.
- Analyze the NFPA 70E requirements for typical PhotoVoltaic installations.
- Design an interactive (Grid Tied) and stand alone PhotoVoltaic system.
- Determine the typical procedures for mounting the PhotoVoltaic panels.
- Access the electrical and building requirements and codes pertaining to typical PhotoVoltaic installations.
- Determine the typical maintenance, troubleshooting, and installation concerns for typical Photovoltaic installations.
- Install a typical photovoltaic system in the lab or out in the field.
- Determine correct wire type and size for PV systems.
- Interpret & understand Section 690, and other applicable sections, in the current National Electric Code
- Apply correct code compliant labeling for PV systems.