Photovoltaics-Design & Site
Course Number: 10-482-132
Description: 10-482-132 PHOTOVOLTAICS-DESIGN & SITE ...learn steps to performing a site audit prior to installation of a PV system. Focus on defining the solar window, system site placement, system sizing and design, load analysis and energy efficiency concepts. (Corequisite: 10-482-126, Intro to Solar)
Total Credits: 3
Prior Learning Assessments
- Describe the elements of photovoltaic system design.
- Examine the basics of roof design.
- Perform a site inspection for a solar site analysis.
- Design an appropriate photovoltaic system for a site.
- Utilize photovoltaic system analysis software.
- Explain relevant codes, standards, and certification.
- Apply various photovoltaic mounting and racking systems.
- Explain the economic and financial considerations for Photovoltaic systems.
- Design a photovoltaic system by correcting integrating system components
- Prepare and understand permitting and utility intertie forms and requirements to photovoltaic systems.