Course Number: 10-481-115
Description: 10-481-115 LIGHTING FUNDAMENTALS ...light sources, luminaries, lighting controls, manufacturer lamp and ballast specifications, lighting power density, lighting-HVAC interactions, retrofit opportunities, cost savings analysis and lighting codes/regulations. Students will critically evaluate lighting systems, luminaries and associated components. Understand and perform various types of lighting calculations. (Prerequisite: 10-481-114, Intro to Energy Management)
Total Credits: 3
Prior Learning Assessments
- Examine the physics of lighting.
- Determine how light interacts with the human vision system.
- Explain how lighting fixtures work
- Identify different lighting sources.
- Apply lighting industry reference information to lighting systems.
- Perform preliminary lighting design analysis.
- Use light measurement tools to assess light levels.
- Perform lighting calculations.
- Recommend lighting control technologies and strategies.
- Recommend energy-saving strategies for lighting systems.
- Conduct a lighting audit.
- Write a lighting energy audit report.