Intro to Energy Management
Course Number: 10-481-114
Description: 10-481-114 INTRO TO ENERGY MANAGEMENT ...introduces the basic concepts of energy, utility systems and utility rate structures; defines the need for energy management as an integral part of society at all levels. The course will present the various opportunities available to energy management students.
Total Credits: 3
Prior Learning Assessments
- Describe energy and its different forms.
- Explore the history of energy production and cost in the U.S. and Wisconsin since 1900
- Define units for measuring energy and convert between them
- Explain how energy is billed by utilities
- Identify how and where energy is used in buildings
- Examine the social and environmental impacts of energy production and consumption
- Determine Codes and Standards applicable to energy use in buildings
- Describe the energy auditing process
- Create an outline of an effective energy management program
- Investigate monitoring techniques used to measure and monitor energy use in buildings
- Explore career and educational opportunities for energy management professionals